You are running a business. But you want to increase the bottom line, have a larger market share and get more out of your people.
What Should You Do? What Shouldn't You Do?
Here are some steps you can take to gain a competitive advantage no matter what industry you are in during any economic climate.
◦ Have a plan and be flexible.
◦ Fix every broken window as fast as possible.
◦ Avoid short cuts at all costs.
◦ Be clear in your direction and offer constant coaching.
◦ Manage your expectations.
◦ Tell the truth.
◦ Ban cubicles immediately.
◦ Encourage and nurture a co-creative atmosphere
◦ Demanding respect is an exercise in futility.
◦ Make your company a fun place spend 1,949 hours a year.
◦ Answer customer complaints promptly.
◦ Don’t just say it – do it.
◦ Allow your people to be rock stars.
◦ Your bottom line is directly affected by their bottom line.
◦ Understand everyone is motivated differently.
◦ Compensate fairly - not according to some industry average.
◦ Raise everyone’s standards - most importantly, yours.
◦ If you need to remind them you’re the boss, you’re in trouble.
If you do everything on this list, you will be 50% of the way there. And if you offer adequate products or services your team will win. But if you offer superior products or services your team will dominate.
Accountability only happens when everyone in the building is accountable to everyone in the building. Yes, that means you too.
What will you do today to improve your workspace?
knealemann at gmail dot com
Helping clients better utilize all media.
How to make it, use it and profit from it.